Earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced proposed rules to provide critical guidance on the implementation of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The proposals would affect tax provisions affecting the construction industry, including temporary 100 percent expensing, the 20 percent deduction on qualified business income for pass-through entities and the implementation of the repatriation transition tax under section 965 as it relates to U.S. shareholders with accumulated foreign earnings. ABC welcomes this guidance and will continue to review these proposed rules to determine their benefit to the construction industry.
- Take the Survey: ABC Needs Your Input on President Biden’s IRA Mandates by Oct. 2 September 28, 2023
- ABC’s Construction Backlog Indicator Steady in August, Contractors Remain Confident September 21, 2023
- Learn More About the New DOL Overtime Proposed Rule September 13, 2023
- Nonresidential Construction Spending Increased Slightly in July, Says ABC September 6, 2023
- NLRB Revives Controversial 2014 ‘Ambush’ Election Rule; ABC Opposes Again August 31, 2023