Last week, ABC Government Affairs met with officials from the U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The program, established under the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, recognizes employer efforts to recruit, employ and retain veterans through a HIRE Vets Medallion Award based on a set of criteria for small, medium and large employers. The DOL will begin accepting award applications in January 2019 and has recently created a website for the program that includes the timeline and fee information for applying, as well as criteria for eligibility. ABC supports the hiring of our nation’s veterans and values the skills they can bring to the workplace. ABC encourages members to review the program and apply if eligible.
- State Off-Year Elections Deliver Losses To GOP Heading Into 2024 November 30, 2023
- NLRB Extends Effective Date of the Joint Employer Final Rule to Feb. 26, 2024 November 30, 2023
- ABC’s Construction Executive Wins National Honors for Magazine Redesign November 16, 2023
- DOL’s Unlawful Proposed Overtime Rule Will Disrupt Construction Workers’ Workplace Flexibility November 16, 2023
- Nonresidential Construction Spending Increases For the 16th Straight Month in September November 6, 2023