Last week, ABC Government Affairs met with officials from the U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The program, established under the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, recognizes employer efforts to recruit, employ and retain veterans through a HIRE Vets Medallion Award based on a set of criteria for small, medium and large employers. The DOL will begin accepting award applications in January 2019 and has recently created a website for the program that includes the timeline and fee information for applying, as well as criteria for eligibility. ABC supports the hiring of our nation’s veterans and values the skills they can bring to the workplace. ABC encourages members to review the program and apply if eligible.
- ABC Coalition Urges Senate To Oppose Confirmation of Julie Su as Labor Secretary June 1, 2023
- Treasury Releases Guidance on IRA Domestic Content Requirements May 21, 2023
- New Mackinac Study Expands Literature on Prevailing Wage Waste May 21, 2023
- Update Your Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form by July 25 May 18, 2023
- OSHA Announces National Emphasis Program To Prevent Falls May 18, 2023