The 2018 Design-Build Project award winners were announced at an awards dinner during the Design-Build Conference & Expo, Nov. 7-9 in New Orleans. From university buildings to bridge replacements, this year’s winners are some of the best construction projects in the country. The ABC members below are part of award-winning teams and were honored by DBIA for their accomplishments:
• The Beck Group won an award for the Texas Health Recovery and Wellness Center, a facility in Mansfield, Texas, dedicated to providing residential treatment for clients in need of professional help to fight addictions;
• Cadence McShane Construction Company won an award for the Riata Vista Corporate Campus in Austin, Texas, which includes six four-story office buildings, a café, conference center, utility plant and three multi-story parking decks;
• Clark Construction Group won an award for The Spark at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington, where they transformed an academic facility’s construction into a journey that will further the university’s desire for a state-of-the-art learning center;
• Hensel Phelps Construction Co. won an award for the East County Hall of Justice, a project in Dublin, California, comprised of a five-story courthouse building and two-story county building;
• And PCL Construction Services Inc. won an award for the University of California Irvine’s Transmission Electron Microscope Facility, a world-class electron microscopy facility in Irvine, California, which provides a space to house major scientific breakthroughs.
Visit the DBIA’s website to view the full list of 2018 winners.